Aloo Beans


Aloo beans is also one of the punjabi dish that i enjoy making and eating with my family..Beans are also called "Phali" in punjabi and can be eaten raw ( atleast i saw my dad eating it raw),

This is a simple recipe that doesn't require too much time to prepare.

This sabzi is made with homegrown beans ( from my graden ) , so tasted more good and you can't beat the taste to fresh and organic veggie right?
Ingredients:-

Oil:- 3-4 tbsp
Potato:- 1 (Chopped)
Cumin seeds:- 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds:- 1/2 tsp
Garlic:- 2 cloves (finely chopped)
Ginger:- 1tsp (finely chopped)
Onion:- 1/2 (medium size, chopped)
Tomato:- 1 small (chopped)
Turmeric powder:- 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Red Chilli powder:-1 tsp
Garam Masala:- 1 tsp
Beans:- 1 cup (chopped)

Procedure:-

1) Heat oil in a kadai/frying pan on a medium heat,
2) Fry the potatoes for couple of minutes.
3) Add cumin and mustard seeds, when it starts to crackle add garlic and ginger, saute for a minute.
4) Add onion and fry until they are translucent ( it will take about 2-3 minutes)
5) Add tomato, all the spices & beans, mix everything well.
6) Let it cook covered for about 3-4 minutes (keep stirring in between to avoid sticking on bottom)
7) Now cook uncovered until beans and potatoes are well cooked ..do the taste test to check:)

Serve hot with roti/chapati/paratha..Enjoy:)







37 comments:

GreatDeals said...

looks great

PriyaRaj said...

Aloo beans looking yummy ......thanx for ur comment preety..

Vani said...

Bhaji looks delicious, Preety! Home grown beans - how lovely!!

Varsha Vipins said...

oh wow..I so envy u Preety..home grown beans yum yum..beans n aloo r both ma favs..looks great..:)

saffronapron.blogspot.com said...

WOnderful masala. I love such semi dry subzi.

Sunanda said...

wow looks delicious... I like this very much as it is very healthy and tasty dish but my version is little different as I use pumpkin also in that...

Rekha shoban said...

i love aloo very much...that too gud combination with chapathi

Poornima Nair said...

Wow...thats such a tempting dish...looks yumm.

Pari Vasisht said...

Thats a nice recipe for everyday cooking.

Rekha shoban said...

pls accept a gift from my blog dear

Priya Suresh said...

Delicious Masala Preety!!

priya said...

Like to give u an award...plz accept it!

Indian Khana said...

Nice platter...looks gud

Chitra said...

ooh, iam drooling..will make it for rice soon..saw ur pizza pics.Your pizza looks the same as we get from the pizza huts!!! Great :) looks yum and fabulous pictures...Will try sometime :) thanks yaar:)

Unknown said...

Hummm looks yummy...& healthy dish.

Parita said...

Perfect with rotis, my mom makes this once a week..

Padma said...

Nothing tastes great than a home grown one... looks great Preety :)

Valarmathi Sanjeev said...

Never tried potato and beans combo. Looks good. Perfect with rotis.

Lena Jayadev said...

great to know that its home grown beans Preety...this curry looks awesome..i just loved the color and wish to have it right now with roti..aalo is my favorite..wonderful click dear.. :)

Saritha said...

Home grown beans lovely yaar and good combo of beans and alo :)

LifenSpice said...

looks lovely preety! so nice that you grow them at home. i agree that nothing can beat the taste of home grown veggies!

Purva Desai said...

this is mom's fav sabji......I am sure must have tasted divine with Organic beans

Sanghi said...

Wow.. Dish with home grown beans will taste divine.. Yummy post dear! Do pick ur award from my blog..!

Anshika said...

Aloo beans with roti and dal make a superb meal.

priya said...

Like to give u an award dear, ..plz collect it frm my blog!

Anu said...

Aloo beans looks so yummy... Simply superb dear.....

Unknown said...

Looks perfect with rotis! And lovely combo of beans and potatoes.

Subhie Arun said...

so yummy..i lov the combo too...nice presentatioN!

amna said...

what luck to cook with home-grown veg! nice combo :)

Anonymous said...

thanx for help

i love this bhaji n m going to make it today

thnx again for the recepie

Preety said...

you are welcome..let me know how it turned out for you

thanks for visiting and leaving your comment

Anonymous said...

I love aloo beans cooked by my mom.. and today, I wanted to cook it, so while searching the net, came across your blog.
I'm gonna try your recipe in 10 minutes .. will update how it turned out :)

Anonymous said...

I love aloo beans cooked by my mom.. and today, I wanted to cook it, so while searching the net, came across your blog.
I'm gonna try your recipe in 10 minutes .. will update how it turned out :)

Preety said...

sure shivani..do let me know

Komala said...

I tried out this dish yest. Very tasty & spicy. Thanks

Preety said...

i am really glad that you liked it & i really appreciate komala for taking time to comment

meena n said...

i tried it today just delicious!!!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...